Friday 12 July 2013

Rainforest World Music Festival 2013: Concert Shots


On the 29th of June, I decided to stay after the workshops at SCV for the night concert. Although I was not assigned to cover the concert, but I had requested for the photographer's pass from the event organiser. Since one of my hobbies was taking photos, this was the right time to make use of the golden opportunity to capture some nice shots from the press pit. The press pit had limited access, so I was really grateful for having the chance to experience things for myself. Let me be frank I am just an amateur photographer. Never had any formal education on photography. I teach myself on every single thing such as using DSLR camera, edit photos in Photoshop, photography techniques, theory and so on. All these are possible with Youtube, Google, magazines, observation and conversation with experts in the field. So, here are some of the photos I took during the second night's concert. I did not do much editing on these photos, I was just experimenting with the TV mode on my EOS Canon 550D during the concert. I let you judge for yourself. 

Dizu Plaatjies & Ibuyambo Ensemble















 Pine Leaf Boys
(Four Time Grammy Nominated band)
















 Prayers offered in Bidayuh Language

 Kries






No comments:

Post a Comment