Saturday 1 November 2014

Sarawak Bloggers Society Donates Blood



On the 16th of September 2014, Aliey and I went to ASTRO Blood Donation Drive #kitasama at Merdeka Plaza. It was held in conjunction with Malaysia's 57th Merdeka Day to reinforce the message of 'Unity Runs in Our Blood'. Aliey managed to donate her blood but I could not. I had never taken the time to observe the whole process of donating blood, therefore this was my opportunity to do so. During the blood donation we were entertained by a busking duo (father and daughter). Shantel Sonia Ganth, 8, could sing so well in different languages such as Mandarin, Malay, English and Iban. According to friends and family, Shantel and her dad were always seen busking at Kuching Waterfront and other events. She also has her own Youtube channel and you might want to check it out here. Just for your information, all the photos and video for this event were entirely shot with my iPhone 4S. Thanks ASTRO Sarawak for inviting Sarawak Bloggers Society to this meaningful event! 






2 comments:

  1. Hi Ophelia.
    That's a noble thing to do. I used to donate blood before. Huhu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to but I wasn't having enough sleep, so not allowed. Too bad.

      Delete