Saturday 14 December 2013

MILO



It was raining heavily outside and slightly cold. After a few sips suddenly an idea came to me to create a 30 seconds video about the drink I am addicted to. Yes, it is an addiction. Just like those who cannot live a day without their coffee! MILO is another Malaysian favourite chocolate drink apart from kopi-O or teh tarik. Milo is a Nestle's product and invented by Thomas Mayne in Sydney, Australia in 1934. 

Milo is undeniably relevant to Malaysians that the drink is mentioned in a poem written by a well-known Malaysian poet. Revered in a poem called Monsoon History by Shirley Geok-lin Lim. Her poem used to be part of the Form 4 Literature Component. 

Milo is commonly served hot or cold. Either way it is heaven to me. Sometimes I wonder how many more generations will Milo held its glorious stature among us. Will it last as long as Coca Cola? Or longer? 

1940s Milo tin

The current Milo chocolate bar look


2 comments:

  1. Cool history. Unfortunately, my internet is slow. So, I couldn't watch the video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just something I did out of boredom... haha...

      Delete