Friday 22 July 2016

Pink or Purple?


This is the first Milky Way photo I've edited on Photoshop, for real. I've always opted to directly edit the photos on Instagram before posting. This photo looked pinkish on the phone but purplish on my laptop. Since it was pointless to figure out either it was pink or purple, I just went ahead posting the photo on Instagram in the middle of the night. Next day I realised it had gained many 'hearts', especially from the Astrophotography community. Majority of them were from other countries. Well, thanks to the hashtags. You know you gotta love the # on Instagram as it does help in promoting your photos and getting you many followers too. As long as you don't use it out of sync, your Instagram account will benefit from it. Hashtags are useful on both Instagram and Twitter, not so much on Facebook for me. So, hashtag isn't entirely ineffective, it depends on how and on which app you're using. However, I do believe in the end it all boils down to the quality of photo you've uploaded, and that will get you many likes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment